Korean Women use puppy liner to enlarge look of eyes
It is a trend among Korean women that they use “puppy liner” to enlarge the look of their eyes. There are many other techniques used by Korean women to enlarge their eyes, such as surgery. However, for most, surgery is a drastic choice and puppy liner is considered as the most suitable and quick option to enhance their eyes. It does not only give them a traditional look, but also is very attractive.
Puppy liner is best described by Charlotte Cho, founder of Soko Glam. "Everyone knows about the winged cat-liner, it's a very sultry, sexy look. But in Korea, they have something called a 'puppy eye.' It's really simple: You're trying to create a rounder, larger appearance of the eye and almost look a little doe-like. A little innocent."
The technique is as follows:
- Choose black or dark brown liquid eyeliner.
- Apply lashes to your upper eyelids.
- Apply the liner by drawing a thin line along the natural slope of the eye downward.
- Keep the inner portion of the eye liner thin and gradually increase the width of the eyeliner towards the outer portion.
- Apply liner along the lower lash line making sure the outer part of the line is wider than the line on the inner portion of the eye.
- Do not swoop the liner upward as you would do to create a cat eye.
- Connect the upper line to the lower line so that a small triangle is created.